The sad demise Wasps and Worcester has directly impacted London Irish, which has not only had to forego five fiercely-contested league points, but also lost the revenue for two cancelled home matches in November.
While some may be envious of the richer clubs that have been hoovering-up (pun intended!) former Wasps and Worcester players, our own club continues to be managed within its means and by a very small team of dedicated staff for rugby and commercial departments.
We would like to encourage as many people as possible to attend home matches at the Gtech Community Stadium in Brentford. Our aims are:
- Financial – to help to boost the depleted coffers of our club; and to
- Increase Support – to get more bums on seats and consistently create an atmosphere that encourages our team and which is louder than anything the travelling support can muster.
We do recognise that:
- The spiralling cost of living is having an impact on us all;
- An increasing number of games can be viewed from your own home on PRTV / BT Sport; and
- Travel on the roads and on public transport to and from Brentford can have its challenges, but:
COLLECTIVELY WE CAN HELP LONDON IRISH, BOTH ON AND OFF THE FIELD
YOUR TEAM NEEDS YOU
Car share to and from home matches
Do you have space in your car that you could offer to London Irish Supporters in your area? It may be that two or more of you can share the cost of fuel and parking, benefiting everyone. For businesses, HMRC allows a maximum of £0.45 per mile for expenses, and we would suggest this could be used.
You could use social media to advertise any availability, on
- Facebook: ‘London Irish Alternative Discussion Group’
- The Craic
Your message could simply be along the lines of:
LIRFC v Team – offer of a lift – x spaces – Town/Area
To and from the game, times at drivers’ convenience. Petrol & parking costs to be shared. PM me.
Season Ticket Holders
Why not use your free tickets to introduce somebody new to London Irish, and show them what they are missing-out on?