Castle Bar, Ealing – our first trip of the new season
As we look forward to our season in the Greene King IPA Championship, we are sure that many supporters will be looking forward to making visits to places such as Jersey and Penzance. Those who made the trip to Doncaster last time round will be counting the days until they can have this season’s portion of their famous Cow Pie.
We received a warm welcome and great hospitality on all our away trips on our previous season in the championship and we look forward to similar this season. And we have a couple of new adventures to look forward to, with trips to Coventry & Hartpury.
To help supporters with their preparations for the new season, we have updated and revised the LISC Guide to the Championship – we hope this guide will provide you with most of the information you need to plan your travels for the forthcoming season (& point you in the right direction for any information we have not listed).
In the run up to each away match we also hope to provide further information via our Facebook & Twitter pages – this will include the teams expected arrival time, so we can be there in numbers to form a guard of honour.
Pages will be updated during the season, so it is advisable to check back closer to each match date.
If you spot any inaccuracies or any missing information on these pages please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not a LISC member or have not yet renewed for the new season – you can join/renew online.
After 20 years of bringing together London Irish fans and organising different events to bring them closer to the team, here’s something a little different for LISC. Matt Merritt of the Twitter account @RugbyLI brings the first in what will hopefully become a series of interviews with the players throughout the season. In this one, we talk about how pre-season training has gone, what the road ahead looks like with Petrus du Plessis. Continue reading “Exclusive Interview: Petrus du Plessis”
As part of our upcoming 20th Anniversary, the LISC committee have looked at our badge, gratefully used with the Amateur Club’s permission and set about refreshing it and acknowledging this is a special year for LISC.
Continue reading “A New Look for LISC”
Membership of the London Irish Supporters Club (LISC) costs just £10 per season (August to July) – in return our members receive many benefits.
We are aiming to have a big year for our 20th anniversary with fun events and new perks for the same membership cost as when we were founded 20 years ago.
How to renew your membership / join LISC
- Those who prefer to renew/join online can do so now through the LISC store.
- Those who prefer to pay be cash, we plan to have the LISC tables out for our first home match of the season against Nottingham on Saturday 8th September (or if you bump into our membership secretary (Big-Al) during the summer, he normally has a few membership forms with him).
- If you already have a standing order set-up, no action should be required, but please be aware that membership packs are not sent out until the standing order payment is received, so those whose payments come through later in the season receive their membership packs later in the season.
- If you wish to set-up a standing order, you can download the forms from our website.
- If you are not certain if you have paid or if you have a Standing Order set-up, please email us at email@example.com
Benefits of LISC Membership
- Entry to the LISC AGM.
- Free entry to LISC events such as Meet the Referee, Meet the Players and more.
- 5% off any bar order as well as room and venue hire at Hazelwood, the Home of London Irish, throughout the season (must show valid LISC membership card for Season 18/19).
- 15% off your drinks order on London Irish home match-days at The Three Guineas at Reading Station (must show valid LISC membership card for Season 18/19).
- Chances to win hospitality packages at home matches at the Madejski Stadium.
- Regular copies of the eXile files e-zine.
- Discounts on LISC merchandise – check the LISC online store for details of our current merchandise (including special offers).
- Each member receives a LISC membership pack, with includes Member-only Pin badge and Car sticker.
- Chances to win the signed playing shirts for the players sponsored by LISC.
- For the first time we are offering a Family membership option for those that may want get the entire household involved! Each child can join for just £5 with adults at the usual £10 rate.
- Family Membership is currently only available online and at the LISC tables on matchdays.
- There must be at least 1 adult & all family members must be at the same address.
- Children must be under 18 on 31st August 2018.
* Please note: Memberships packs will be sent out from mid-August.
We’ve seen a great level of interest in our attempt to better organise away support and we have some great updates to share with you on this after just two and a half weeks!
Continue reading “Away Support – July Update”
As we enjoy the summer away from club rugby, whether watching the summer internationals, the World Cup or even tackling all those chores we didn’t do in the Winter, here at LISC we are working hard behind the scenes. That includes committee meetings, emails and meetings with the club including Chief Executive Brian Facer.
One of our key projects is attempting to tackle supporter engagement and hopefully improve this for all supporters – both Home and Away. And that’s where we need you!
Continue reading “Can We Improve Support, both Home and Away?”
If you are in need of a rugby fix this weekend, London Irish Wild Geese are away at Henley Hawks on Saturday 21st April, 3:00pm
Henley’s ground, Dry Leas, is just to the North of Henley town centre – a 15-20 minute walk from the railway station and just a few minutes from the nearest bus stops.
Continue reading “Henley Hawks v Wild Geese”